The Hood Archery – FAQ
What does 'Open Play' mean?
We have two kinds of game sessions at The Hood. The first is Open Play and the second is Private. Open play sessions just mean that anyone can book into the session, so you and your friends may be playing with other people who have booked into the same session. Private bookings are closed, which means that only the group who booked will be playing, no one else can join in.
What do you mean by 'Game Modes?'
A game session lasts for 50 minutes. During that time you will play several different games with different goals or objectives. We refer to these different games as Game Modes.
What is the minimum number of players required to run a game session
We recommend a minimum of 6 players if you are the first people to book into an Open Play. We can run a session with 4 players but please be aware that it will limit the number of game modes we can play.
How many people can play at once?
We can have up to 16 people playing in the arena at a time.
How old do I need to be in order to play
- It depends on the activity. Archery Tag players must be 10 and up. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 18 during playing time. For group bookings (e.g. birthday parties) at least one adult must be present who is responsible for the entire group. For participants under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign a waiver form prior to playing.
- Waiver forms are valid for an entire calendar year.
- Please note: IF A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN DOES NOT SIGN A WAIVER FOR A MINOR, THE MINOR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY.
How do I sign up to play?
The best way to ensure a session for you and your party is to pre-book through our website by clicking here. Payment in full is required to reserve a spot.
Can I just drop in?
We at The Hood would love to see you any time. However, we highly recommend you prebook. If you just drop in there is no guarantee that you will get to play for the following reasons:
- There may not be enough people to play.
- There may be a private event happening at that time
- If we do not have any bookings later in the day, we may go home early (we have lives too. ;P)
We will try to accommodate you as best as we can, but we strongly recommend that you email or call ahead.
You only have 2 choices for private parties; up to 16 people and 17 to 40. What if I have more than the max?
Because of space restrictions, we can only accommodate up to 16 players in the arena at one time, that is why our first cut off is 16 max. Any more than that and we offer a double game session (110 minutes) for up to 40 people. In this case, we break the group into smaller teams and run a tournament style game. If you book a 16 person private session and more than 16 arrive, there will be an additional charge for the extra players AND we would have to modify the session. This means that each player would get less time on the court. If you have more than 40 people, again additional players would incur an extra per person cost and it may impact the game time each person receives. We can accommodate a group of up to 60 people but we highly encourage booking an extra time slot. This allows us the time to manage the additional logistics AND would ensure that everyone gets a decent amount of play time.
Can you accommodate private events?
Absolutely! We have the perfect space for birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorettes, corporate functions and much more. Contact us by email at [email protected] or call us at 519-681-4663 for more information.
I booked a session, when should I arrive?
Players should arrive 30-minutes prior to their reserved (scheduled) session. Arriving late may result in a delay in the start time and reduce your 50-minutes playing time. In that case, no refund or compensation will be offered.
What do I need to bring with me?
Besides your enthusiasm, we ask that you bring a pair of indoor shoes and one piece of government issued ID to verify your age and to confirm your reservation. For those under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to confirm your reservation and sign waivers on your behalf. We also recommend that you wear or bring a change of clothing that is comfortable to play in. Change rooms are located at the venue.
How much does it cost and what forms of payment do you accept?'
One regular session game is $22.12 (+HST) per person, which includes a 20-minute orientation and 50-minutes of playing time. We accept Paypal when you book a session and pay online. For purchases in store, we accept cash, credit, and debit.
What if I don't have PayPal?
No PayPal? No problem. PayPal allows you to pay with your own credit card without having to sign-up for a PayPal account. Just follow the instructions on the payment screen. If you run into any problems or would rather deal with real people, feel free to contact us during our operating hours and we can process credit card payments over the phone.
What is your cancellation policy?
- 100% refund for cancellations made 72+ hours (3 days) prior to the booking reservation time.
- 0% refund if player fails to arrive on time for play (no show), or cancellations are made 72 hours or less (within 3 days) from the booking reservation time.
Is archery tag safe to play?
You bet! Arrows are made with safe, foam-tips. Each player is also required to wear a protective face mask while in the playing field and prior to the start of each game, players will receive an introductory session that outlines safety procedures and how to properly use the equipment.
Can I bring my own equipment?
- Outside bows are not allowed on site. For safety reasons, only certified archery tag equipment provided by The Hood Archery Games can be used.
- While you can bring your own face mask, we will need to verify that it meets safety standards. You may be required to sign an additional waiver verifying that you accept full responsibility for the equipment you provide.
- You can bring your own Nerf Blasters, so long as they are not the Rival. You may be required to sign an additional waiver verifying that you accept full responsibility for the equipment you provide.
What are the draw weight and length of the bow? What is the FPS (feet per second)
- The draw weight is 24-28lb and the draw length is 29 inches.
- The arrow travels at 90 FPS (a standard paint-ball travels at 280 FPS).
I don’t have any archery experience, will that be an issue when I play?
Not at all! Many people who come to The Hood Archery Games have never held a bow and arrow before. Our staff will show you the basics and you’ll have time to practice before playing a game. Archery tag is easy to learn but difficult to master.
Can I bring a camera or video recording equipment to a game?
Yes, however The Hood Archery Games is not responsible for damages to personal items.
Is there parking?
Yes, free parking is available at The Hood Archery Games!
My question is not listed here. Who should I contact?
Please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected] or call us at 519-681-4663. We would be happy to answer all of your questions!