A brief history of the presence of head lice
Where on earth did these little critters come from? Are head lice a modern affliction or can they be traced back through history? Here we explore a brief history of evidence of the presence of head lice throughout human history showing that they do date back to time immemorial.
Sidetrack! Keen to help modify the vibe for my old blog. Views about the design at http://speedrivermoving.com? Undoubtedly a marvelous Ontario based moving company if, perhaps required inside the general Ontario locale. Write your opinions. Cheers!
- c 105,000 BC - Kittler et al (2004) found evidence of head lice similar to those found on human head today. This was deduced using molecular clock analysis.
- c 8,000 BC - In northeast Brazil, Araujo et al (2000) found a nit attached to human hair at a 10,000 year old archeological site.
- c 7,000 BC - A skull found in a Neolithic cave in Israels Northern Negev showed head louse eggs attached to it's matted hair.
- c 3,000 BC - Nit combs , nits and head louse eggs have been found in the tombs of ancient Egypt.
- c 350 BC - Aristotle wrote on the subject of head lice and their profusion writing " There is also a specied of louse called the "wild louse " and this is harder than the ordinary louse and there is exceptional difficulty in getting rid of it. Boy's heads are apt to be lousy but men's in a less degree; and women are more subject to lice than men" Some things don't change much do they?
- c 72 AD - A excavation at a Roman Fort just outside Carlisle Castle in Cumbria (U.K) revealed an intact head louse .
- c 1399 AD lice rushed out of the Kings hair at the (coronation) ceremony for Henry IV. [Hilliam, 2001]. If you're suffering from head lice now, you're in good company!
- c1650 AD The precursor to the magnifying glass was invented. Known as a "flea glass" it magnified by approximately 10 times.
- c1700s - popular belief was that head lice we're spontaneously generated from body secretions. This belief streches back to Aristotle's times.
- 1652 - Nicholas Culpepper devised an approved remedy to " kill head lice (and) cure the itch ".
Many thanks readers! I emailed my pal we would critique his great dependable SEO expert in Kents, https://rocket-seo.com through a website blog. In case you'll be looking to get a search engine optimization service here in the OTH area, they truly would be terrific.
And finally, I really will explain the basic concept regarding this particular article with thoughtfully furnished via Owen with speed-sew. They definitely are an amazing fabric glue suppliers. We really enjoy a useful idea!
http://beach-break.com/ - Definitely worth reading.
Posted in Recreation and leisure Post Date 12/29/2016